When I became a stay at home mom I discovered my new hobby!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Lamb Cake

My grandmother handed down this Lamb pan to me and I was so honored!  I hope to make her proud with this cake.  This Easter Lamb cake is a lemon pound cake covered in butter cream.  I made cupcakes with the leftover batter and sprinkled a few flowers and jelly beans on the grass.  The egg ears are another story.  I made these ears for some bunny cup cakes I was planning on making but the peanut butter cupcakes turned out horribly (I think because I used unsalted/organic peanut butter).  I was going to make a new batch to finish the bunny cakes but then my son got sick so I scrapped the whole project and used the ears for this cake since I don't like things going to waste!  Happy Easter :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

we missed you today! hope the little one is feeling better soon. this was my favorite cake yet! everyone loved it! <3 Elizabeth