When I became a stay at home mom I discovered my new hobby!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Abby Cadabby Birthday Cake



Abby Cadabby Birthday Cake for a 3 year old little girl.  Chocolate cake with strawberry filling and vanilla buttercream.  I had some trouble with the filling buckling out the middle, so again I learned so much from doing this cake.  I still need to learn how to make the buttercream perfect so that I can get a smooth finish. Hopefully my new stand mixer will help!  Abby's face is all fondant and buttercream but the night before deadline my husband decided to move Abby's face off the counter and broke her left ponytail!  So the end product is a little off color to the right ponytail.  The birthday girl recognized Abby on the cake so I know it was a success!  I had fun once again with this cake.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

lol about dave breaking one of the pony tails! I would have never noticed! Once again, your cakes amaze me! I think you have something good going on here :)

Jennifer said...

yes, mia recognized it right away and the cake was a HUGE talk of conversation at the party! I would have never noticed the ponytail! Mary, you have a real talent. I am so glad you decided to take this up! Thanks for making Mia's bday so perfect! Can't wait to see the next one!

Ann said...

So funny about Dave. It came out great and can't wait for Taj's cake!