When I became a stay at home mom I discovered my new hobby!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Scott's Birthday Cake


This cake was for a friend's birthday.  My husband is a Yankee fan so he was not impressed, although he is a big fan of my work and very supportive!  I had so much fun with this one.  It was my first "sculpted" cake and I always wanted to use my grass tip.  For each cake I had to buy new supplies but at this point I have the "Wilton master tip set"  so I am set in the tip category!  Who knew there were so many cake decorating supplies.  Again, this cake is buttercream because I am afraid to cover with fondant just yet, plus some people do not like the taste of fondant.  Next up, my son's first birthday cake!  I am so excited and have the cake sketched out.  Wait for the posting in a few weeks....it's a Mickey Mouse Cake! 

No comments: