When I became a stay at home mom I discovered my new hobby!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Monogramed Cascading Flowers Bridal Shower Cake


This is my first Bridal Shower Cake and my biggest challenge was getting the icing smooth and even.  It is a little easier with some new tools but still a challenge!  I call this a White Velvet Cake with chocolate fudge filling.  There is sour cream in the cake recipe which makes the cake extra fluffy and velvety.  The monogram letter is made out of fondant that I tried to die periwinkle and I added sugar pearls for the border.  The flowers are also fondant and the dots are royal icing.  Everything is dusted with silver eatable pearl dust. I need to find the trick for cake color bleeding through white frosting...I guess just spread it on thicker next time. I hope the bride-to-be enjoys the cake!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so beautiful and elegant