When I became a stay at home mom I discovered my new hobby!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First Baby Shower Cake




This was my baby sister's baby shower cake!  I stressed about it for months but was so happy to make a special cake for her.  I learned that a cake made from love is so amazing and at this point my heart was beginning to really want to make something out of this hobby.  This was my first stacked cake which caused me the most stress.  Staking is so much harder then it looks!  The cake was a Vanilla Velvet Cake with strawberry filling and was VERY yummy.  I was not yet confident in covering the cakes with fondant so I used buttercream but the decoration are fondant.  I learned from my previous cakes so the bugs are made out of gum paste.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

this cake came out beautiful and it was delicious!!!!!!!!!! you are so talented; thank you so much for making such a wonderful cake for my special day. xo! ~Ellen